HomeShoppePublications and ResumeDisclosure

 

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Green Craft Magazine by Stampington and Company

Hell friends!  I have some exciting new to share.  Yesterday when I got home there was a little surprise waiting for me in the mail...a published piece in the Autumn 2011 issue..and there on page 138 was my Album :)  I love it when that happens!

Here's a bit of a personal update..After the storm we have cleaned up what we can.  The big barn, machine shop, corn crib and bins still need to be dealt with.  The house is still covered with tarps to keep the water out when it rains.  I has been a fright working with the insurance company.  The first insurance adjuster doesn't want to talk to me because I can't be nice.  We have a new one and I'm not sure he likes talking to me either.  We do have 3 contractor's in place to start work but because there was so much damage for so many people, we're patiently waiting our turn :)
Our youngest son, Zach who is 14 was grilling food a couple nights ago and he fell to the ground, having a seizure.  SO..to the emergency room we went.  He had an appointment with the Neurologist today, had an MRI and will have an EEG on Monday.  They have put him on seizure medication.  Thank GOD he did not fall on the grill or the cement patio!  YIKES!  We also had a dear friend pass away, he introduced hubby and I 20 years ago...such a sad visitation and he was only 43!
SO..I try to keep busy with my art when I can because it's my therapy and a place I feel most at home.  I can't tell you how much it means to me to have you sending thoughts and prayers our way..I love you all!  I makes me get a little emotional when I think of the wonderful friends I've made through blogging!  THANK YOU ALL from the bottom of my heart.
Didn't mean to get so windy but with so many people asking, I wanted to update you :)

14 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

hey Jan.. congratulations.. must have been a very sweet surprise.. :-)

cheryl said...

oh jan hun sorry to hear about your friend, that is awful so young too,and zac hun hope,he gets better real soon as you say so glad he did not fall into the grill,
As for getting published hun,that is just brilliant your art work is amazing and you know how much of a fan I am look after yourself hun and take care hugs cherylxxxxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Congrats on being published! Thanks for sharing the update on your place, sounds like life is still pretty tough. Sorry to hear that your son had a seizure, too, and hope the medis will stabilize him soon. Sending you lots of hugs and sparkles, Valerie

Micupoftea said...

Gosh, what a roller coaster! Congrats on the publication, condolences on the loss of your friend~

Unknown said...

Congrats Jan on the publication! I will be looking for your project when I pick up my copy in a couple of days! So sorry about your son, and I do hope all goes well for him and that things are fixed up around your place very soon!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like you already have a lot going on with life in general but you still manage to stay creative. Insurance companies always seem to think they are doing you a favor but in reality, after all they've been paid, they owe it to you to be prompt and follow through in a timely manner. I can imagine how aggravating it would be to work with them. Hope your son is okay. So sorry to hear about your friend who is gone at such a young age. Take care! And congrats on being published. Best wishes, Tammy

Terry said...

Congratulations on the publication, Jan! You just are really being tested. Praying that your son will be fine and they find the cause of the seizure. I wish the insurance company or the people working for, could understand better how stressful it is to have your house it bits and pieces! If it were their house, I wonder how happy they would be witht he insurance games? So sorry about your friend, I know how hard that has to be. I agree with you about hiding out in the craft room for therapy! Take care and sending love and hugs your way!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Jan, I wish you well, maybe this mail surprise will turn things around. Congrats. I love all the Stampington Issues.
Continued prayers sent your way, the weather has been frightful all over this summer. Enjoy the things you love.

Shirley said...

Congrats, beautiful, and not surprised at all!!

Marlynn said...

Jan, what a lovely surprise for you after all that terrible turmoil. You don't need to be nice to the insurance people, they will probably try to fight you all the way - that's what they do. So sorry your son had the seizure but so thankful he, as you said, did not fall on the grill or the concrete. His guardian angel must have been very close by. Take care and I can't wait to get my copy of the latest Green Craft -- I really really love that magazine! Hugs,

Patty said...

Jan, I am praying for you!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, Jan, I'm so sorry about your son. How very scary for you all. Yes, so thankful he didn't fall into the grill. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Wish you all were making faster headway with the insurance adjusters. Stay strong, my friend.
And super huge congrats on the GreenCraft publication. Your mini is just beautiful! No wonder they snagged it up. :)

Christine said...

Congratulations on the publication! At least you have one bright spot inall of the problems. After all your work this summer, I can't belive that you have so much damage.

Praying that everything comes out great; for your son and for your home!

Melanie - The Paper Retreat said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOW! I love your repurposed book - it is definitely worthy of being published. Terrific job! Melanie