HomeShoppePublications and ResumeDisclosure

 

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Fun Technique That's Eco Friendly

Hello friends :)  This morning I was looking around my craft room and spotted my Glue Arts Design team box that came in the mail yesterday.  The pad the contents with sheets of thin foam.  I've always kept these sheets because I knew that one day I would find a great use for them.  I used my Accucut and Tattered Florals die and cut some foam flowers.  I wasn't really sure if the Kuretake Alcohol ink would take to the foam but it DID!  EDITED:  This is my idea and technique.  Please feel free to use it, but please give credit to me <3.
Don't these look cool with the all that texture?  I heat embossed over them lightly and that added more dimension!  Don't heat too much because they will melt.  This is made using Kuretake Brown Alcohol Ink.
Here's one that was actually done with Kuretakes, Deep Pink Alcohol Ink...because the flower is saturated with ink, it turns out a deep purple.  (Mom would love this one :)
These are so fun to make, eco friendly and costs almost nothing :)
Here's what I did.
Start with  your foam sheet.
Using Accucut and Tattered Florals die, diecut.
Using a paint brush and brown alcohol ink, brush the foam flower.
Push a brad through the center of the flowers.
Saturate the flower with Brown Alcohol ink
Lightly heat emboss.






29 comments:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I love the idea of re-using the packing material! So many possibilities!

Netty said...

Terrific idea and love these flowers, thank you for sharing, x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this looks beautiful jan.

greetings karin

famillemarleau said...

Great idea. Love your flowers. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

Dawnll said...

Jan these are wonderful-love the re-use!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous Jan and so good for the environment too!

Eniko said...

This is brilliant! I'm so trying this. If you came up with this technique on your own, Jan, then bow before you...if you learned it elsewhere, thanks for passing it on!

Hanneke said...

What a great idea! Love the vintage look of these flowers and a great way to recycle! Hugs, Hanneke

Art From The heart said...

They are really pretty Jan. What a great idea and thanks SO much for sharing. Big Hugs

Scrap Affair said...

Terrific Idea! Thanks for sharing!!!
Hugs
Nadia

Bettyann said...

I love using packing material...thank you for sharing how you made these goodies !!!

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Jan

Glad that you showed photos - I was a bit confused:) That's east to do though.

Love the idea!
Leann

Liny Silva said...

I loved everything here! Kisses from Brazil

Anonymous said...

Fab idea. The flowers look great. TFS. Have a great weekend.
Regards Florence x

Unknown said...

Hi Jan just popped onto your blog and found these fabulous flowers. They are so unique. I try to make flowers for myself to cut costs down and these are just the ticket.Am off to get some foam and give em a go. Thanks for sharing Hugs Vee xx

cheryl said...

oh this is just brilliant Hun just amazing hugs cherylxxxx

Jingle said...

These look wonderful!

jen said...

Wow these came out awesome!!! Awesome idea....you I'd a great job and thanks for sharing.
Hugs,jen

Stef H said...

wow jan! you're a genius! this is gorgeous and thank you so much for sharing.

thanks too for stopping at my blog. nice to see you.

hugs :)

KellyCreates said...

The flowers look AMAZING! Thanks for sharing such a cool technique!

Chris Arlington said...

These look so cool. I haven't heard of that type of Alcohol ink. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Terry said...

Realy eye catchers, Jan! Love the look with alcohol inks! You have me really thinking about this, because I used that packaging for something and I can't remember what, but will give this a go! Oh well! Have a great weekend!

Cheryl said...

So cool! I am going to put this on my list of technique to try. (I'll link back too)


~Cheryl~

Sara said...

love those flowers what a fab technique. Hugs Sara

Glenda said...

Very creative! I'm trying this one!

Julia Sandvoss said...

Absolutely amazing Miss Jan!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful texture and a fantastic idea. :)

pooky said...

Love 'em!! I'll have to be on the look out for this foam stuff! Tfs!

Audrey Pettit said...

I always love good recycling projects, and this one is completely uh-mazing, Jan! LOVE!