HomeShoppePublications and ResumeDisclosure

 

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Porcelain Doll With A New Wardrobe

Hello friends!  I've been shopping at thrift stores, looking for the perfect doll and I found her!  She was originally dressed in lavender and lace.  I really wanted to update her wardrobe so I started by removing all of her clothes and then using her clothes for a pattern.  The skirt is made using "Once Upon A Springtime",  Flight of Fancy cardstock by Graphic 45.  I really wanted to make the entire dress using paper but because of the tiny pattern pieces I didn't think I would be able to make the sleeves without tearing the cardstock.  So, I've used a silk fabric for the top of the dress, layers of lace and tulle.  The tiny buttons were part of my vintage button collection.


Here's the original dress.
Here's some pattern pieces.
Some close-ups.




13 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Sweet doll and the dress you made is gorgeous!

Valerie-Jael said...

She is GORGEOUS, how clever to make new clothes for her! She is a lucky girl to have landed at your place! Valerie

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, how very creative, Jan! Love your dolly's new dress. The pleated paper skirt is fabulous. Love the lace overlay, too.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Wonerful designs for your precious doll. I found my dream and she happen to be perfectly dressed. Tried making Barbie clothes and wow so tiny I could hardly finish some of the pieces. It's an age thing I think.
Thanks for sharing.

Art From The heart said...

what a cute doll Jan,love what you did!
And yes,I too wish we could have a glass of wine together and visit.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan. Lovely doll. The vintage dress you made is beautiful.
Regards Florence x

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have this done beautifully jan.
that dress looks great and beautiful.

greetings karin

Dawnll said...

Love the new dud! That lace is so beautiful.
Love revamping dresses and fabric
You did a great job with this one.

Terry said...

Well she goes in style! Just lovely, Jan!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Love the lace trim!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful doll dress Jan! Love the pretty lace and pearl buttons!

papertrails leaver said...

her new wardrobe is fab! She is styling now!

Christine said...

What a sweet little girl! Her dress is lovely!!!