HomeShoppePublications and ResumeDisclosure

 

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sew Simple Fabric Pouches



Hello friends!  I'd like to share a simple little fabric pouch.  I've used a white flour sack towel and Aqua Baker's Twine.  Our local Dollar Store is always well stocked with towels and they work perfectly for small projects.  Using scrap pieces of the towel, I diecut flowers and added a vintage earring to the center.  To finish it up, I added a bit of fiber fill and some sweet treats.  Using a large needle, I made a loose gathering stitch at the top and then tied it shut with a bow.  I've used Aqua Baker's Twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon.     Before filling the bag, I stamped a vintage sewing machine and sentiment.  The sweet "Material Girl" stamp set is Crafty Secrets and is ON SALE!

Baker's Twine Aqua

10 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

How sweet! I will be looking for those tea towels..

Dawnll said...

Just love these vintage sacks-images is wonderful and so creative

cheryl said...

oh Jan this is just so beautiful,love this,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work Jan! Valerie

Art From The heart said...

What a delightful idea Jan and love that aqua twine!
Hugs

1CardCreator said...

Very clever Jan!

Netty said...

Loving your vintage sack Jan. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so sweet, Jan!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Simply beautiful Jan.
I've read of such towels but unsure that we have them in the U.K. Anyway, adore your project.
Wishes
Lynne

Angi Barrs said...

Sooo creative! I love how you stamped the bag!