HomeShoppePublications and ResumeDisclosure

 

Friday, December 7, 2012

Nutcracker Sweet Ice House

Hello friends!  I have been busy as a little beaver making projects and here is one I recently made of acetate, or clear polyester sheets.  It's important to use an adhesive that is made for glass and it is a slow process, as each joint has to dry completely, without slipping so you don't get the adhesive in areas you don't want it.  I used Beacon glass, metal and more adhesive.  I used an x-acto knife to do my cutting.
Graphic 45 has their December Contest going on and you'll need to use their Nutcracker Sweet Collection. Spellbinder's has Explore Beyond:  Craft to WIN contest, so this is my project for Graphic 45 and Spellbinder's.  I've used Spellbinder's Snowflake dies (now retired) and Labels 10 die.  I used an Accucut Gingerbread House die on the polyester sheet to impress the house image so I could cut it to a larger size'
A ballerina hangs from the chandelier.
more close up's.
The back deck





21 comments:

Createology said...

This is truly a labor of love. The finished result is stunning. Every detail adds to the allure of drawing the eye ever closer to see everything. Holiday Creative Bliss Dear...

1CardCreator said...

This is awesome Jan, wishing you the best of luck in both challenges! Hope you and your family are doing well.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow Jan beautiful made.
what a sweet and stunning project.

greetings karin

Micupoftea said...

Wow...what wonderful details!! Love it :)

Alison said...

What a fabulous piece of 3D art Jan!

Connie Mercer said...

This is gorgeous!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!!:):)

stampingbowd said...

Wow!!! Stunning Art!!! I can't imagine how long it took you to create this!!!

Lou said...

thank you for stopping by and leaving me a lovely comment. You have some amazing creations here on your blog i'll be sure to stop by again :)

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is so beautiful, Jan,

Lucy x

Terry said...

Boys and girls, I won't try this at home! Ha! I would have the pieces slipping all over!!! Jan, this is gorgeous and filled with so many fantastic details! Best of luck! Enjoy the weekend!

Unknown said...

Special project Jan. I love your chandelier Dx

Brenda said...

Your attention to detail is superb! This is such a fun project. Using acetate is a very clever and unique idea. I can't imagine the number of hours you spent creating this magnificent piece.

scrappymo! said...

What a unique and fantastic piece. I especially love the ballerina dancing from the chandelier!
The detail work is fantastic.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic, Jan! Valerie

Riet said...

Wowww Jan,This is so wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Jan, this is a wonderful work of art. The detail is awesome - a truly magical creation and I LOVE it!

Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Paper Profusion said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog earlier Jan as I have now discovered you! Stunning creations here. I'm signed up to see and learn more. This Ice House is incredible, beautiful theatre - I love it! Nicola x

Bonnie said...

This is so amazing! WOW!

Dawnll said...

Wow Jan this is fabulous!!!

Ann said...

a stunning piece Jan!!
gorgeous!!
unbelievable detail!!

cebelica said...

I must have taken you ages to make this. It looks devine. Such an amazing project, I love it! Hugs! cc